Thursday, 15 October 2015

Broken Pelvis

Three weeks ago I was admitted to hospital after I sustained a fall while getting up to answer the door at home.

I blacked out,fainted and found myself in a heap on the floor 20 mins later with my head buried in the carpet by the front door.

I immediately called for an ambulance informing them I was unable to stand or walk.

I was admitted to A&E at 5pm and after a long wait in the early morning I was put in a noisy ward on the l11th floor but I still could not feel or move my legs.

Specialist doctors for my kidneys and cardiologists ventured theories why I had collapsed and  x-rays and ECG'S could not throw any more light on the matter. I still could not move and the pain became unbearable.

I was subsequently transferred to a Renal (Kidney) ward and after a very painful MRI scanning session a consultant informed that I had several fractures of the pelvis and the treatment may be very long. I would also have to consider a change to my present independent way of living. I;d hav eto consider living with a carer, sheltered (warden) living or some sort of suppported living.

It was a shock to the system.

It was now a week of being in hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment